I am pleased to present a whole new Comet.cool.
It might look very similar to the old version, but the back-end is new and improved. Here is a list of some of the new features you'll enjoy:
- Post right from the site, no emails needed!
- Edit your posts after they have been submitted
- Leave comments
- Search previous posts
The site is still under development, but hopefully its somewhat stable. If you've posted to comet in the past, then I've already set you up with an account. You can click on the "Log in" button in the top right and then log in with your old username and password (password should be all lowercase). There are more detailed instructions for the new site here
Some things you should know:
- All blog posts have been migrated to this new platform.
- I haven't yet implemented the "queue" into this new site. I might keep it that way.
- Post "tags" are not yet implemented.
- Post "categories" are implemented, these are used to mark posts belonging to major themes of the blog. I plan to make a post about these in the near future.
- If you happen to log into the site on the same device as someone else without closing the browser first, then a weird comment bug might occur causing your comments to have the other person's name. I'm working on a fix for this
- I don't think animated gifs currently work
- There will likely be other little bugs here and there. Let me know. Not only is the site new, but I'm using a new hosting service to host the site content
The old comet served me well for the last 1.5 years. I look forward to using this new blog to share new adventures for years to come.